VAM TOP® is a T&C connection ideal for tubing and production casing strings applications. VAM TOP® provides gas-tight sealing under the most severe conditions including great depths, highly deviated holes, and hostile environments. It outperforms the majority of today's premium connections designed according to casing and tubing requirements.
- Excellent gas-tight sealing under combined loads
- Excellent resistance to bending, compression and torque
- Excellent resistance to external pressure and compression
- Easy to use and repair
New Metal-to-Metal Seal
- A patented metal-to-metal seal system offers from 2 3/8" to 14" excellent gas tight sealing even under the most severe combined loads, as encountered in deviated or long horizontal wells applications.
- Sealing integrity remains constant despite repeated make-up and break-out.
- Seal geometry protects against galling.
Reverse Angle Torque Shoulder
- A reverse angle torque shoulder provides a positive torque stop which allows for accurate power tight make-up and minimizes hoop stresses in the connection.
- The wedge effect caused by the reverse angle gives the connection superior structural strength.
- The shoulder design is optimized in order to resist adverse conditions such as combined compression and external pressure or combined bending, compression and torque (See the corresponding gas tight VME Performance Envelopes for tubing and casing sizes).
Improved Hook Thread Design
- A modified hook thread profile, with 3° reverse angle on the load flank, not only provides the connection with superior tension strength but also increases its resistance to compression.
- The excellent structural strength including increased bending and compression resistance, makes this connection especially suited for highly deviated and long horizontal wells.
- Optimized thread geometry minimizes the risk of galling even when thread lubricants are poorly applied.
- Coverage of the vanishing threads, long internal shoulder, and coupling critical cross sections greater than those of the pipe body, contribute to a high performance, 100% efficient connection.
Streamlined Internal profile
- A pin ID chamfer, tight tolerances on the coupling center and a long shoulder combine to minimize turbulence and energy loss inside the connection for high velocity gas flows.
- VAM TOP SC90 / VAM TOP SC80 (Special clearance): these extra-clearance couplings offer 90% and 80% tensile efficiency respectively.