DINO VAM joint is a cost effective T&C connection for surface and intermediate casing applications. DINO VAM connection was specifically designed to reduce rig operating costs by providing running reliability through deep stabbing, no cross-threading and quick make-up. This connection provides sealing with coarse 3 TPI tapered hooked threads. It is immune to jump-in / jump-out.
- Reduced running time by 30% compared with API Buttress
- Field efficiency with deep stabbing and no cross-threading
- Internally flush
- No jump-in or jump-out
- Better sealing than API Buttress with metal free dopes due to thread sealing
Unique Torque Control
- A make-up arrestor positions the coupling accurately on the mill end.
- Pin to pin torque shoulder for positive torque stop on the field end allows overtorque and compression resistance.
Improved Thread Design
- Modified hook thread profile, with -9° reverse angle on the load flank and +20° on the stabbing flank which provides superior load carrying performances.
- Increased thread taper, combined with a wider thread profile allows deep and efficient stabbing with no cross threading.
- Increased thread pitch to reduce make-up time.
- Jump-out free.
- Special thread design to offer superior thread sealing performances.
- Vanishing threads, fully covered.
- 100 % tensile efficiency for all sizes standard API Buttress OD.
Streamlined Internal Profile
- Pins shoulder, thereby providing a smooth bore ID to minimize turbulence and energy losses.
- Pins shoulder, thereby providing high compression resistance and immunity to jump-in.
Advanced Operational Capabilities - Reduced Operational Costs
- High stabbing efficiency tolerant to misalignment and suppressing cross-threading.
- Make-up torque tolerance ± 15 %.
- No galling after repeated make-ups and break-outs.
- Half the turns of API Buttress required for make-up
The advanced design of the DINO VAM joint was thoroughly tested on a rig and the benefits verified.